This course of study is designed to give the student the basic knowledge and skills to not only become a skilled tattoo artist, but also to satisfy all Oregon State requirements to receive an Oregon State Tattoo License.
School Timeline: The state of Oregon requires a minimum of 360 hours of study in order to qualify for a tattoo license (210 hours of theory, 150 hours of tattooing). The course is 9 months long. The school has an afternoon session from 1PM to 4PM, and an evening session from 6:30PM to 10:30PM. Each class meets 4 days a week, Wednesday through Saturday, the school is closed Sunday – Tuesday.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Oregon State requires a High School diploma or a GED.
- An art portfolio that demonstrates applicants understanding of artistic principles.
- Applicant must be motivated, self directed, and focused.
- Applicants shall be interviewed and approved by the school director.
If you are interested in getting more information about Oregon School of Tattoo Arts, such as tuition, equipment costs, and a school catalog, contact us.
You can get additional information about Oregon States requirements for licensed Tattoo artists at http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/